Perforated Window Decals (Decals)
Custom Perforated Window Decals Printing
Window Perf is an adhesive-backed, perforated synthetic substrate with full color printing on one side. It is designed to let you put your printed message on a window visible from the outside but still be able to see out from the inside. You can use it on architectural glass and side or rear automotive windows. For automotive use, please check local regulations. Window Perf comes in a range of sizes from 12" x 12" to 50' x 1200" (inches) and can be laminated. If using Window Perf for an automobile, we highly recommend lamination to keep dirt out of the holes.
Be sure to check local zoning and vehicle codes before applying.
Because of the wide potential size range of our large format products, there are additional file setup considerations. Proofs are typically shown half size. For other details, please review the file setup section carefully.
Max width for this material is 52". For sizes wider than 52", this item will be split with a .4" for at production discretion.
- Common sizes: 2' x 4', 3' x 6', 4' x 8', 5' x 10'
- Printed on 1 side
- Indoor or outdoor use
- 50 / 50 Perforated Adhesive Vinyl (ideal for car windows)
- 60 / 40 Perforated Adhesive Vinyl
Perforated Window Stickers - Rush Delivery
Our standard turnaround time is 2 business day delivery, which means if you order on a Monday by 5 pm, you will receive it on Wednesday, that same week.
What Are Perforated Window Decals?
A perforated window decal is an image that is directly printed on perforated, adhesive vinyl material. This decal only has one-way vision, in other words allowing you to only see the decal from the outside but not the inside of the store. This window decal featured micro punctures which are punctured tiny holes that take up 50% of the vinyl material. These micro punctures are very small which help the decal maintain a high-quality view on one side and make it see-through on the other.
These decals are for indoor and outdoor use and are commonly used for business storefronts, advertisements, window decoration, etc. They are also mainly used to cover entire windows and they also deflect sunlight, provide shade and privacy.
Perforated Window Decal Features
1. Easy To Install: No professional installation required. Install your decal in minutes using our step-by-step installation instructions provided below.
2. High-Quality Colors: Your image or graphic will be printed onto perforated vinyl using world-class printers with an advanced four-color process, ensuring that your decal will have the most vibrant and clear colors possible.
3. Adheres to Outside of Window: Placing your perforated window decal on the outside of the window allows maximum visibility, preventing the decal from being covered up by window tint.
4. 50/50 Micro-perforated pattern: 50% of your decal will consist of solid vinyl material and the other 50% will consist of micro punctures. This allows one side of the decal to have a high-quality look and the other side of the decal to be see-through.
5. Weatherproof and Waterproof: Designed for outdoor use, your custom perforated window decal is made up if a durable vinyl that could withstand rain, sun, etc. It also has a lifespan of 3+ years.
Weight .09lbs per square foot
Thickness .016" (about the thickness of 4 sheets of copy papers).
Details Perforated, long-lasting, good privacy, easy installation, and removal
Uses Indoor/Outdoor. Retail, home, storefront, or office windows
Print Method Four color process, eco-friendly, weather, fade and abrasion resistant UV ink
Estimated Lifespan 3+ years with proper placement and care
Simple Installation with No Professional Help Required
The following installation instructions will help you with a quick and easy installation of your perforated window decal. If you are installing a large decal we recommend having at least one other person assist you.
1. Clean your window, removing all dirt and grime from the surface.
2. Layout your decal on the window, where you intend to install it on, with the backing still on and make sure it is aligned properly.
3. Make markings on the window with a washable marker. Be sure to double-check your alignment to make sure the perforated window decal is where you want it to be.
4. Pull the graphic away from the window and remove the backing, exposing the black adhesive side of the decal. If the backing appears to be tearing when removing it (this may be because you are not removing all layers of the backing).
5. Align your decal to the markings made previously and begin to apply your custom decal to the window. This will be a dry install, so do not use any water on the application surface or the adhesive side of the decal. Use a squeegee when applying, starting from the center, and working your way outward towards the corner of the decal.
6. Once you have installed the entire perforated decal to your window, remove the excess material around the edges using a razor blade.
If possible, hand wash your custom decals with a damp cloth, avoiding pressure washers that can cause peeling. To remove, gently peel from the top down, then remove any leftover adhesive with soapy water or adhesive remover and a razor blade.
Selecting the Best Size and Design for Your Decal
1. If you are wanting to cover an entire window with your perforated window decal start by measuring the largest width and height to make sure your graphic will cover all areas of the window.
2. When you are about to order make sure the size of both width and height is 1'' more than the intended width and height. For example if the width is 12'' x 12'' order a decal that measures 13'' x 13'', so then you could trim it after.
3. When designing your custom perforated window decal make sure your image/design is in the middle so that while trimming none of the main design will get cut off.
4. To maximize the visibility of your decal, be sure to use high contrast between backgrounds and lettering, objects, and images in your design. Generally speaking, dark lettering/images with a light background installed on a dark surface tend to work best. Please note that your decal may appear washed out or allow two-way visibility if it is dark outside and the lights are on inside.