The maximum width for this material is 52 inches. This item will be split with a .4-inch overlay at the production's discretion.
Double-Sided Window Decals
Window decals are a great solution to turn your windows into advertising space. Put them up as temporary signage. Rather than banners that need to be hung or supported by stakes, Custom window decals stick to any flat surface. They are also designed with a silver backing that blocks out any underlying images, so they are a great idea for updating your brand, logo, or name, and you can use them temporarily over your permanent signage.
Window Cling is either light adhesive-backed or designed to cling by using static and prints in full color on one side. It is designed for display on window glass, though you can also use it on other smooth surfaces. Window decals comes can be ordered in custom sizes.
Max width for this material is 52". For sizes wider than 52", this item will be split with a .4" at production discretion.
- Common sizes: 2' x 4', 3' x 6', 4' x 8', 5' x 10'
- Strong adhesive backing
- Gloss laminate, Matte laminate, contour cut options available
- Indoor or Outdoor; Waterproof and UV safe that will last for years
- 4 mil. Permanent Adhesive
What are Clear Window Decals?
Clear Window Decals are images or graphics that are printed directly onto a sheet of transparent vinyl material. These decals are transparent everywhere except for where the design is. This allows you to display your logo on your window, glass door, etc. Clear Window Decals are used for both outside and inside purposes. The ideal surface they are meant to be used on is glass, but may also be used on plastics, aluminum, refrigerators, etc. These decals are commonly used for advertising, window decorations, office branding, etc.
Clear Window Decals vs Vinyl Lettering
Both vinyl lettering and clear window decals have similar appearances when applied. However, they are very much different. With clear window decals, your design is printed onto a sheet of transparent vinyl, allowing you to use a wide variety of colors, gradients, etc. With vinyl lettering, instead of being printed your design is cut to shape from a solid-colored sheet of vinyl.
Advanced White-Ink Printing Method
A 2 step process is used when creating your custom window decal. This involves printing a layer of white followed by a layer of colored ink. The white ink layer is only placed where your design will be placed to add contrast and vibrancy to your design.
Please note that your decal will only be transparent in the area which doesn't contain your design. Therefore we recommend using files that contain a transparent background when uploading your design.
|Weight||.09Ibs per square foot|
|Thickness||.1mm (about a thickness of a sheet of copy paper)|
|Details||Transparent vinyl decal easy to install without bubbling when installed wet. Works indoors and outdoors. On refrigerators, glass, plastic, aluminum.|
|Use||Indoor and Outdoor, office windows, storefronts, etc.|
|Print Method||4 color process, weather, fade, and abrasion-resistant.|
|Estimated Lifespan||3+ years with proper care|
The following instructions will help you install your Clear window Decal easily without any problems. If you are installing a large window decal we would recommend having at least one other person assist you.
1. Before you begin to install your decal we would recommend you have these supplies to help you install your window decal.
- Spray bottle
- Paper towel
- Window and an application squeegee
2. Begin by cleaning the window in which you intend to put your decal. After cleaning take a window squeegee to remove the excess water on the window or give it time to fully dry.
3. Create a decal application solution By putting together 3 drops of dish soap and one gallon of water and placing it into a spray bottle.
4. Lay your window decal on a flat, smooth surface and begin to remove the black liner. The backing can be difficult to remove due to its thin properties. The backing is a frosted, semi-transparent material. If you are having problems removing the backing add a piece of tape to the corner of the backing which should help you peel the backing away easier.
5. As you remove the backing apply a good amount of the application solution that was made in step 3 to the back of the decal. Next, spray some application solution to the surface (i.e. window, refrigerator) you intend to attach your decal. Make sure that both the back of the decal and the intended surface are sufficiently wet.
6. You can now apply your custom window decal to the intended surface. The application solution allows you to move your decal once it's already attached to the window. You could use this to your benefit and slide around the decal into its final position.
7. Once the decal is at its final position. use the removed backing from the decal and place on the face of your decal which is installed already on your intended surface. Take the application squeegee and run over the decal with it to remove any and all bubbles. When doing so start from the center and go all around (press firmly when applying the squeegee). Continue this process until you went over the entire surface with the squeegee.
8. Use paper towels to clean the glass surface and remove excess water from the edges of the decal. (It may take several days for the adhesive to dry and bind to the glass surface fully).
You may wash the window that has the decal applied, but do not power wash your decal after it is installed. When cleaning the decal we recommend using a damp, non-abrasive cloth. This decal may be removed and re-positioned several times. Remove by peeling the decal away from the window and reapplying in the same method as described above.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Double-Sided Window Decals?
Made of permanent adhesive, with block-out or barrier film, window decals can be seen both entering and exiting the store.
What are the benefits of window decals?
Effectively promote your brand or message on any storefront, window, or glass door without obstructing your view.
What sizes do you offer for Double-Sided Window Decals?
We offer custom sizes ranging from 12" x 12" to 1200" x 1800".
What are the common sizes for the Window Decals?
Common sizes: 2' x 4', 3' x 6', 4' x 8', 5' x 10'
What material are the Double Sided Window Decals printed on?
We print on 4 mil. Permanent adhesive.
What is the estimated lifespan for the Outdoor Double Sided Wall Decals?
The lifespan of the outdoor decal is 3 years with proper care and usage.
How would I clean my Window Decal?
Simple regular cleaning should do the job. A wet Rag should clean all the dust away from your decal.
How would I store my Custom Window Decal?
Decal backing should be stored at ambient temperature in a dry environment. Keep the backing on the decal stable if you need to store them for a short while—no more than a year—before actually applying them.
Will I receive my order in the turnaround time after placing the order?
After you place your order and upload your design, we will check to see if your design has the following:
- correct file size
- correct file format
- high-quality (if it looks blurry, difficult to read, etc.)
- other factors that may affect its design
After we finalize the design and you approve it, we will then put your floor graphic(s) into production. You should receive the floor graphic(s) within the said turnaround time after it's been put into production!
I want this item, but I don't want to install it myself. Can I get an installation team to set it up for me?
Yes, Printleaf has a national network of professional, experienced installation teams that will be happy to install your floor graphics for you. To request a floor graphic installation, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 328-1174 within 48 hours after placing your order to request a custom quote for your installation.