Digital Printing NYC
Digital Printing NYC - On-Demand Printing
Printleaf specializes in on-demand, short-run digital printing in NYC that matches the quality of traditional offset printing. Digital printing is mandatory for customers in need of a quick printing job or those that only have a need for a small number of prints.
With Printleaf’s award-winning machines, your graphic files are transmitted directly to the press in lossless quality and can begin printing within minutes. In New York City, the city that never sleeps, that makes a huge difference!
The ability to personalize each and every document in a print run is known as variable data printing. Because it’s digital, every impression the press lays down on paper can be a unique message. We can print 5,000 direct mail postcards (for example) and each one can have a different message than the next. Our machines can take databases of different content messages and imagery and on the fly generate personalized documents based on the demographics of the recipient.
Research has shown that typical response rates for regular static printed direct mail is well under 2 percent. With targeted, variable data printing, however, response rates can jump to nearly 14 percent (and higher). As a direct marketing tool, variable data printing can deliver better-qualified prospects which translate into higher profits for your business. That’s the power of variable digital printing!
24 Hour Digital Printing
Where do you turn when you’re pulling an all-nighter at the office, only to realize you need a last-minute poster printed for your client presentation tomorrow? These formerly high-stress situations are no sweat once you’ve found Printleaf, NYC’s premier printing agency that offers high quality, 24-hour digital printing NYC services. No matter what you’re looking for, whether it be digital photo printing, posters, large banners, or even just business cards, our presses never stop running. You can print what you need when you need it!
Same Day Printing in New York
Some of our same-day products include same day business cards printed on 16 pt matte cover stock.
Digital Printing vs Offset Printing
Offset lithography is the most common high volume commercial printing technology. In offset printing, the desired print image is burned onto a plate and is then transferred (or offset) from the plate to a rubber blanket, and then to the printing surface. The lithographic process is based on the repulsion of oil and water. The image to be printed gets ink from ink rollers, while the nonprinting area attracts a film of water, keeping the nonprinting areas ink-free.
Digital printing eliminates many of the mechanical steps required for conventional printing, including making films and color proofs, manually stripping the pieces together and making plates.
Advantages of Digital
- High image quality (close to offset)
- Shorter turnaround.
- Every print is the same. More accurate counts, less waste and fewer variations, due to not having to balance ink and water during the press run.
- Use of Variable Data Printing is a form of customizable digital printing.
Advantages of Offset
- High image quality.
- Works on a wide range of printing surfaces including paper, wood, cloth, metal, leather, rough paper and plastic.
- The unit cost goes down as the quantity goes up.
- Quality and cost-effectiveness in high volume jobs. While today’s digital presses are close to the cost/benefit ratio of offset for high-quality work, they are not yet able to compete with the volume an offset press can produce.
- Many modern offset presses use computer-to-plate systems as opposed to the older computer-to-film workflows, further increasing quality.
Short Run Look Book Printing with HP Indigo
The HP Indigo Digital Press uses a 7-color Pantone emulation (including Pantone Goe and off-press mixing). This increases the number of colors for digital printing. The press offers further customization with the Indigo Ink Mixing System.
- Cyan, magenta, yellow, and black
- HP IndiChrome Plus 7-color printing (adding orange, violet and green)
- Up to 7 ink stations for the extended color gamut, including HP Indigo ElectroInk Light black, light cyan, light magenta, white, transparent, invisible red, fluorescent pink and digital matte
- 120x pages per minute in 4 colors (7,200 p/hour)
- 240x pages per minute in 2 colors (14,400 p/hour)
- 13″ x 19″ Media Size
- 70-400 microns Media Thickness (3-16 pt)
- 812 Resolution with line screens of 1219 DPI
Large Format Digital Printing NYC
Check out our large format digital printing NYC page for more information on the types of substrates your projects can be printed on.
Best Digital Photo Printing New York City
If you have a file of an image that you want to be printed, Printleaf can print it for you! If you're unsure about your design file or the quality of our prints, come by our office in Midtown, Manhattan! We're located on 30 W 47th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues. There you can have an in-depth, free consultation about anything you inquire regarding custom digital photo printing and check out samples we've done for clients.
Neighborhoods We Deliver to
- Upper West side
- Upper East side
- Central Park
- Midtown West
- Midtown East
- Times Square
- Garment District
- Murray Hill
- Stuyvesant Town
- Greenwich Village
- East Village
- Little Italy
- Lower East Side
- Financial District